Welcome to www.exploringjudaism.org (the “Site”), a website hosted by the United Synagogue of Conservative Judaism (USCJ). With support from partners including the Rabbinical Assembly and many individual contributors, www.exploringjudaism.org is creating a digital home for the Torah of Conservative/Masorti Judaism. This website is an ever-growing collection of resources, viewpoints, and journeys shared by people who care about the Conservative/Masorti Jewish hashkafa/worldview.
Use of Website
The information, text, documents and images on the Site (collectively “Content”) is owned by ExploringJudaism and/or its licensors, and is subject to copyright protection. Content may not be copied, quoted or used other than for non-commercial individual reference, with all copyright or other proprietary notices retained, and thereafter may not be recopied, reproduced or otherwise redistributed. Except as expressly provided above, you may not otherwise copy, display, download, distribute, modify, reproduce, republish or retransmit any content in any electronic medium or in hard copy, or create any derivative work based on such content, without the express written consent of USCJ. Exceptions to Content ownership require advance written agreement between an author and the Site. All content submitted to the site becomes the property of and is owned by ExploringJudaism and/or its licensors unless there is an advance written agreement between an author and the Site.
USCJ will use reasonable efforts to include accurate and up-to-date content on the site, but the USCJ makes no warranties or representations of any kind as to the accuracy, currency or completeness of the content. You agree that access to and use of the site and the content is at your own risk. Neither USCJ nor any party involved in creating, producing or delivering the site shall be liable for any damages, including without limitation, direct, incidental, consequential, indirect or punitive damages, arising out of access to, use of or inability to use the site, or any errors or omissions in the content thereof. This limitation includes damages to, or for any viruses that infect, your computer equipment.
Third Party Websites and Links
The Site may contain links or references to other websites maintained by third parties not affiliated with ExploringJudaism or USCJ and over which it has no control. Such links are provided merely as a convenience. Similarly, the Site may be accessed from unaffiliated third party links over whom USCJ has no control. USCJ makes no warranties or representations of any kind as to the accuracy, currency, or completeness of any content contained in such websites and shall have no liability for any damages or injuries of any kind arising from such content or information. Inclusion of any third party link does not imply an endorsement or recommendation by USCJ.
Limitation on Use of the Site
Copyright Infringement Notification
ExploringJudaism makes every effort to confirm content is original and is not an infringement on copyright including a request for confirmation from authors before posting. To file a with us a notice regarding any alleged copyright infringement on ExploringJudaism, please send an e-mail to email@example.com that includes substantially the following (please consult your legal counsel or see Section 512(c)(3) of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act to confirm these requirements):
- A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
- Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed, or, if multiple copyrighted works at a single online site are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works at that site.
- Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled, and information reasonably sufficient to permit the service provider to locate the material. Providing URLs in the body of an email is the best way to help us locate content quickly.
- Information reasonably sufficient to permit the service provider to contact the complaining party, such as an address, telephone number, and, if available, an e-mail address at which the complaining party may be contacted.
- A statement that the complaining party has a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law.
- A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that the complaining party is authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
If any provision of this Agreement is held to be unlawful, void or unenforceable, then such provision shall be severable without affecting the enforceability of all remaining provisions. United Synagogue of Conservative Judaism reserves the right to alter or delete materials from the Site at any time at its discretion.